Membership of Jacaranda Clubhouse
Membership of Clubhouse is open to adults who experience mental illness. As with any club, members have rights and responsibilities. Decision making is shared by members and staff together; every member has the opportunity to play an important role at clubhouse. However; there are codes that apply!
Members, Staff and Volunteers Value:
- To be free from threat, verbal abuse and discrimination.
- Members refraining from threatening, violent, disruptive behavior.
- To be free from harassment; sexual, verbal or physical.
- Members refraining from the use of alcohol, illicit drugs and other non-medical substances, before or while present in Jacaranda Clubhouse.
- Assurance that members and or Clubhouse belongings are kept safe.
- To be treated with respect by other people in the Clubhouse community, and refrain from inappropriate language.
- To work in a safe, pleasant and healthy environment.
**THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES IN BREACHING THE ABOVE BEHAVIOURS**
Jacaranda Clubhouse respects that members’ have the basic human right to confidentiality in regard to information held about them at Jacaranda Clubhouse. Jacaranda Clubhouse will only obtain and keep information that is relevant to each persons membership, the individual members safety and the safety of other members and staff.
Non-members of Jacaranda Clubhouse, including members of IWMCA are also responsible for observing the confidentiality policy of Jacaranda Clubhouse. It is viewed by Jacaranda Clubhouse and its’ members as inappropriate for members and non-members of Jacaranda Clubhouse to have access to information, including telephone numbers of members, without the members expressed consent.
All information collected will be kept in a secure place and will be accessed by staff members only.
Each member will be made aware of information which Jacaranda Clubhouse keeps in regard to them and will have the right to access their information freely upon request.
Individuals not wanting specific details (surname, phone number and address) to be available to other members can request this option. Further to this, no member or staff person has the right to speak to another member about issues pertaining to anyone but themselves.
Members may at anytime request certain information be deleted or changed.
Members may choose to participate in the formulation of documentation regarding themselves and will be given full support to do so.
Any documentation kept will not be released to anyone either within Clubhouse or any service or individual external to Clubhouse without the expressed consent of members.
Legal advice will be sought on behalf of Jacaranda Clubhouse to ascertain its obligation in regard to the disclosure of information to law enforcement bodies.